Rate and Market highlight:
SCFI for AU/NZ remains on record high level at $2375/TEU with 6% increase. We anticipate that high rate and port congestion situation will continue for the upcoming weeks or months.
Due to continuous delay in Sydney and the adverse impact on the Melbourne window, some carriers are executing the Sydney and Melbourne swap to minimize the delay. Furthermore, with the Port of Auckland facing an average delay of more than 7 days, the Auckland port call will be omitted by carriers based on actual situation. Hence, 3 weeks in advance booking is continued to be the best booking strategy for your booking.
Oceania space update:
Most of the carriers in the market are having heavy roll pool. Origin ports in both South East Asia and North East Asia are encountering huge backlog that are waiting to be cleared. New booking now is served based on first-come-first-served basis and those paying higher premium to carriers
- ONE: 20’GP / 40’NOR getting tight ; 40’GP/ 40’HQ super tight
- HPL: NPRC suspended 40’HQ booking, need to change to 40’GP ; similar situation in SPRC, 40’HQ booking is on hold
- ANL: SPRC 40’HQ is super tight and limited offer for 40’HQ too. 20’GP in China is alright but no stock in Thailand/ Vietnam/ India. Singapore & Port Klang is manageable
- COSCO: 40’HQ tight and higher rate for 40’HQ
- HMM: 20’GP is alright and 40’ft is available at different depots