Carriers have stopped accepting bookings for USWC, with some (Maersk / HMM) suspending operations until the end of May.
GRI has been imposed by most of the shipping lines in India for USEC, USWC, EU and Oceanic regions for the month of May.
Due to the increase of COVID cases, there has been a slowdown in cargo movement. Lockdown is currently imposed in the following states:
- Chennai: Night curfew from 22:00 – 04:00 until further notice
- Bombay / Ahmedabad: Night curfew from 19:00 – 06:00 hours until 10/05/21
- Delhi: Complete lockdown imposed until 15/05/21
- Bangalore: Complete lockdown has been imposed for 14 days
- Mumbai: Lockdown extended until 15/05/21
Nhava Sheva / Mundra / Tuticorin / Chennai / Kattupalli / Cochin / Ennore
- Many carriers to ISC, ME, EU, US and CA region are experiencing space and equipment shortages
- Many carriers are also experiencing inventory shortages of D40HQ Boxes Ex-India and US
- There is a space issue from India, especially to USWC; liners have stopped accepting bookings
- Ocean freight pricing has been increased by 200% by all carriers to all destinations from India
- There is a closure of gates in NHV port well in advance resulting in challenges in connecting shipments to planned vessels
We continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated. For any queries regarding specific bookings, please contact our Customer teams.