Please find below the latest COVID related news impacting Yantian, Shekou and Nansha Ports.
The current situation continues to deteriorate as more COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Shenzhen where both Yantian and Shekou Ports are located, and in Guangzhou where Nansha Port is.
Yantian International Container Terminal (YICT)
- Due to further measures being implemented we are expecting to see increased congestion and vessel delays of more than 15 days
- Yard density remains elevated with disinfection and quarantine measures being continuously implemented by local authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Operations in the eastern area of the terminal where mother vessels mainly berth continues to experience low productivity - approx. 30% of its normal level
- All operations in the western area of YICT have been suspended until further notice
- Origin export containers and transhipment containers have been detained there until further notice
- From 00:00 AM 7th of Jun, export laden container gate-in continues to be accepted only 3 days prior to vessel ETA, and only after the terminal confirms the advance reservation made by trucking companies for laden containers gate-in
- Import laden container pick-up which is mainly concentrated in the eastern area of the port maintains normal operations
Shekou Port including Chiwan Container Terminal, Mawan Container Terminal and Shekou Container Terminal
- From 00:00 AM 6th of June to 23:59 PM 13th of June, export laden container gate-in will be accepted only 3 days prior to vessel ETA
- From 00:00 AM 7th of June, export laden container gate-in will be accepted only 7 days prior to vessel ETA in Nansha port
- Yantian and Nansha Port, cross-pick up is not allowed e.g. a Nansha driver can not enter a Yantian area to empty pick up/full return and vice versa
- Trucking service into YICT needs to be reserved in advance and export laden containers gate-in are subject to the confirmation issued by YICT
- For customers who require cross pick at Shekou, we are able to provide inland drayage as an alternative solution
- As more cargo is diverted to Nansha, and pandemic prevention measures for COVID-19 are also implemented in Guangzhou, we are expecting to see traffic congestion that could lead to a timeframe of 5 hours for empty container pick up or laden container gate-in
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and our teams are working hard to reduce the impact to your supply chain wherever possible.