Rate: USWC and USEC rate at $5,927 and $10,876/40’. On top of the FAK rate, customers are now paying a “premium plus” rate of around $10,000/unit to get a space.
15th August announced surcharge:
- HPL: Value Added Surcharge $4000/5000 per 20’/40’ effective on 15th Aug for FAK
- CMA: Port Congestion Surcharge for USWC $800/1000/1100/1266 effective on 21st Aug
- ZIM: Port Congestion Surcharge for USWC $1500/unit effective on 15th Aug
- MSC: Port Congestion Surcharge ex China to USA $800/1000/1125/1266
1st September GRI:
- HSUD: $800/1000/1000 per 20’GP/40’GP/40’HQ
- MSC: $2400/3000/3000 per 20’GP/40’GP/40’HQ +
- EMC/HMM/ONE/YML: $900/1000/1125 per 20’GP/40’GP/40’HQ
- ZIM: $900/1000/1125 for USWC + PSS $1800/2000/2250/2532
- SML: $2250/3000/3000/3798
- HPL: $2400/3000/3375
In terms of space, demand far outstrips the available capacity, with an increasing backlog of bookings in many origins now, including Ningbo.
There is a widespread shortage of equipment, including NOR.
Carriers continue to cut forwarders’ allocations for the increasing volume for BCO on a weekly basis. To obtain extra space, premium plus is now essential. Meanwhile, we expect the equipment shortage to worsen in September. SOC may be an alternative during this peak season.
Please contact our Customer teams with any enquiries relating to specific bookings.