On Saturday 6th November, the international shipping industry will join together at the COP26 Shaping the Future of Shipping event in Glasgow.
The conference will focus on shipping’s decarbonisation journey, as well as showcasing efforts to decarbonise and deliver a sustainable, equitable future. Some of the world’s leading figures from shipping, energy and finance will be in attendance.
The Shaping the Future of Shipping event is a significant opportunity for the industry to meet and discuss with government representatives, regulators and policymakers, and to gain the political support required to progress decarbonisation activities.
The one-day event will include sessions such as:
- Shipping’s 4th Propulsion Revolution – The Commitment and the Challenge
- Shaping the Policy, Technology, and Frameworks for Shipping’s Future
- Shaping the Infrastructure Required to Deliver an Equitable Transition
- Shaping the Financing Outlook Required to Catalyse Shipping’s Future
- Ensuring a Just Transition for Shipping’s Future
The shipping industry has previously called on the UN to halve the industry’s mandated timeline for full decarbonisation to 2050, while the International Chamber of Shipping has backed a $5bn R&D fund to ensure zero-carbon vessels are operational by 2030.
Did you know you can 'follow' Customer Hub tiles to receive the latest updates straight to your inbox? Visit the section(s) you’re most interested in (e.g. Global News) and simply click the 'Follow' button at the top of the page.