- On 9 May, the Prime Minister has stepped down from his position, dissolving the existing government.
- A country-wide curfew was imposed yesterday and will continue until tomorrow morning.
- The President has demonstrated his willingness to appoint an independent Prime Minister who is accepted by public.
- All CFS operations remain normal without any impact.
- There has been no major impact on consolidation; CFS activities are ongoing as usual.
- Port and terminal operations:
- Port operation activities have been interrupted since yesterday as port unions started actively participating in the protest.
- All navigation and berthing activities have been interrupted at Colombo port.
- The two terminals CICT and SAGT operations are ongoing as usual but will create idle situation due to berthing delays; JCT terminal operational activities have been disrupted due to protest.
- Air cargo village:
- Operational activities have slowed due to staff attendance and transport issues.
- Air operations are under control and all the timelines are met.
- Yard operations, intermodal and CHB:
- Yard operational activities have slowed down.
- There has been no interruption to landside intermodal activities.
- Import clearances have been impacted and have stalled.
Our teams continue to monitor the situation closely and will contact customers about any affected bookings.