Nhava Sheva / Mundra / Tuticorin / Chennai / Kattupalli / Cochin and Ennore
- Space remains a challenge; carriers have restricted bookings to US, CA and EU destinations.
- There is minimum 2-3 rollover in transhipment points (CMB and Singapore), which is affecting transit times for all destinations across the globe.
- Ocean freight rates are not stable and continue to change on a fortnightly basis.
- GRI, PSS and BAF have been imposed by many ocean carriers.
- A 10-day advance booking notice is required for container releases.
- Vessels from NHV / Mundra to USEC have been delayed drastically due to incoming vessel arrivals. There have also been blank sailings called by the carriers.
Space remains a challenge for US West Coast ports and containers are not released by the majority of carriers as per instruction from the regional headquarters. Due to port congestion at US West Coast and transhipment points at Singapore, Busan, Port Kelang, and Ningbo the average transit time is more than 65-70 days from Inida ports.
- All carriers have ceased service to/from the Russia and some have suspended services to the Ukraine.
- Carriers have informed of the suspension of demurrage and detention charges for shipments to/from Ukraine until further notice. Additionally, no extra cost will be charged for re-routing or change of destination.
- All carriers have ceased service to/from the Russia and some have suspended to the Ukraine.
- Carriers have informed of the suspension of demurrage and detention charges for shipments to/from Ukraine until Further Notice. Additionally, no extra cost will be charged for re-routing or change of destination.
- The European Union has imposed a ban on Russian owned vessels entering EU ports.
Update on the situation at CMB Port:
- There is severe backlog in CMB Port and Transshipment vessels are expected to face delay in sailing
- Berthing and navigational activities restarted and port staff are now focusing on clearing the backlog
We continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated. For any queries regarding specific bookings, please contact our Customer teams.