Note the following information that is being received from several truckers on the situation with rail terminals.
Starting today, US Railroads said they would delay shipments of some materials in advance of a potential strike by more than 90,000 rail employees.
This might be nothing. Congress might step in. That said, what we should see in the near term is some costs go up out of some of these “big rail areas”.
- Starting yesterday, US Railroads said they would delay shipments of some materials in advance of a potential strike by more than 90,000 rail employees.
- AAR reported we would need another 467,000 long haul trucks per day to just MAINTAIN the rails shipments.
- Both CSX and Union Pacific put a stop on shipping Hazardous Material and Norfolk Southern has stop accepting intermodal transport as of yesterday.
- NS gate closure is 12pm on Wednesday 14 September
- Hearing that UP is going to shut gates on Wednesday as well
- CSX so far is saying that they are keeping gates open and are optimistic that the strike will be averted.
- Have not seen anything from the BNSF yet as far as any closures.
We continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated. For any queries regarding specific bookings, please contact our Customer teams